RIRW promotes excellence in women’s and popular fiction. We strive to help writers become published and establish writing careers and we provide continuing support for writers within the publishing industry.
We meet from September to June on the first Saturday of the month in the Hayden Center at the Cumberland Public Library in Cumberland, Rhode Island. (Because of holidays and/or activities at the library, the date or venue may change. We will announce changes here.)
12:30 p.m. General Meeting
1:30 p.m. Workshop/Speaker
We welcome Visitors. (We would appreciate a $2.00 donation at the door.) Visitors may attend up to two meetings before they need to join.
To find out about the Jan. 31-Feb.2, 2020 RIRW RETREAT, click here or on the Writing Retreat tab above.
Next MEETING: Dec. 14th Writers Roundtable (and “white elephant” Yankee Swap)
This is our chance to talk writing, informally, in glorious detail with one another! Really talk craft and any other writing topic you are dying to get input on from your fellow writers.
In addition, and this is optional, we encourage members to bring an item from home (don’t buy anything) for a fun Yankee Swap in honor of the holiday season.
1. Bring something funny, cheesy, indiscriminate, etc. from home that fits in your bag.
2. At the end of our meeting, we’ll conduct our Yankee Swap and let the laughs fly.
3. If you forget to bring your gift, no worries! We’ll give you a toothpick or napkin from the snacks table so you can participate.
For more information about a “white elephant” Yankee Swap, go to https://tinyurl.com/y52znt44
- 14 December (ARIA Expo 7 Dec)
- 4 January
- 31 Jan.-2 February (Retreat, no meeting)
- 7 March
- 4 April (Easter 12 April)
- 2 May
- 6 June